Frozen Bananas: A healthy-ish snack.

Thursday 20 June 2013

(from pinterest)
I loves me a banana. I eat on average 4 or 5 a day...I have no idea if this is bad for me (potassium overload perhaps?) but until I start to turn yellow, I will continue to do so. I cannot get enough of them!

Someone recommended that when frozen, bananas take on a creamy texture like icecream. Feeling dubious, I gave it a bash and what do you know, they do!!

Now, it really is up to you how healthy you keep this.

If feeling particularly virtuous, chop a banana, stick it in some Tupperware and pop in the freezer for a few hours. Take it out, leave to defrost for a couple of minutes, eat.

If feeling not-so-virtuous and somewhat decadent, add some chocolate and other tasty stuff!

Follow the same instructions as above, or if you'd prefer a chocolate banana lollipop, stick a chop-stick into the bottom of it before freezing. Again, take the banana from the freezer and allow to defrost for a few minutes.

In the meantime, melt down some chocolate - I like to use Freddo Frogs, they seem just the right size to cover 1 or 2 bananas. Dip/drizzle the banana. Sprinkle on some fun stuff - chopped nuts? Popping candy? Hundreds and thousands? The choice is literally yours! The chocolate should set fairly quickly due to how cold the banana is.

I always prefer to chop the banana first, then dip, so they are little chocolately-bananary nuggets of loveliness.

Do you have any banana-based recipes for me to try?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!