TRB - Cornwall #1 - Crantock Beach

Thursday 13 June 2013


Its high time I shared what we got up to during our week in Cornwall, isn't it?

In the weeks prior to us going, we saw rain of biblical proportions, freezing cold nights, and even hail stones in some parts of the country. I was so worried that our holiday would be a total washout, and it made packing very difficult. There is not one outfit combination I didn't take - from wellies to sandals, bikinis to waterproof jackets and fleeces, I had all outcomes covered.

My pack-a-thon was a  wasted effort though - when we arrived it was a wonderful 28 degrees, and stayed that was the whole week, meaning that I wore in total about a third of what I took with me, mainly pretty dresses and bikinis. It was heaven, and I managed to get a tan. Score.

I think I'll split what we did into several posts. Yes, yes I will do that. I, for once, took a zillion photos, some with my proper camera and some with my i-Phone. So expect the following posts to be rather image heavy, but they are well worth it. Cornwall is literally stunning, I feel so lucky to have been able to enjoy it in the sun, with copious wine.

Day 1:
We headed to Crantock beach on our first day, and sizzled on the sand all day. We paddled in the sea, ate ice creams, and all got a little bit sun burnt. Typical Brits, ey?!

The evening was spent BBQ-ing in our garden (we rented a huge house for the week) and relaxing in the hot tub.




Stay tuned for day 2!

Rachel x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!