TRB - Cornwall #3 - Wadebridge to Padstow

Thursday 13 June 2013


I cant say I’ve ever been very active on previous holidays. I’m more of a ‘this is my sunbathing spot, I have my book, I don’t intend to move now bring me a cocktail’ kinda gal. So when a bike ride was suggested, I was intrigued. Movement on holiday....really?! Not wanting to be a party-pooper I went along with it and was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed myself.

We hired bikes in Wadebridge and cycled the 5 and-a-bit miles down to Padstow. I felt so care-free and refreshed with the wind blowing through my hair as I cycled along. We cycled along a disused railway line which had been cemented over, along the river leading to the coast. It was so beautiful and it reignited my love for cycling.  I haven’t been on a bike since taking part in a 100km bike ride a couple of years ago and being put off by the pain from that!

I fell in love with the bike I was riding (similar to this one) and am saving up to buy myself one now. It was such a comfy ride and when I do buy it, Steve and I can go for long countryside rides at the weekends and I can realise my ‘dream’ of cycling to work!

When we got to Padstow (the cycle ride took us 40 mins with a few photo opportunity stops along the way) we stopped off and had fish and chips for lunch, a snoop round the shops and a wander around the harbour. We had a few drinks in the pub and cycled back in the sunset. Aahhhhh heavenly....











0 comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!